Friday, March 24, 2006

Blog, blog, blog

It's been a while since I last posted and, while there's been many times when I've sat down to do some writing, I just haven't had the consistent time to be able to do anything solid.

It's funny, as someone who considers himself to be "a writer" (meaning I love to write and, if given the opportunity, would love to write for a living), I often sit down to post a new blog and find, after a few minutes, that I really have nothing to write about. I don't want to just simply sit down and post for the sake of posting. I don't pretend to think that my life is exciting enough to share my day-to-day goings on with the rest of the world (or the 3 people who check this blog once every 6 months).

So many potential blogs can be summed up in a Seinfeldian (nice word, eh) way- "Today I was wrestling with my kids and then yada yada yada, I got a knee in the groin."

But blogs aren't meant for "yada yada yada's". This isn't a place for "sum ups". This is a place to expound. To share those pearls of wisdom that are just begging to be released from your inner conscience. To expunge on ideas and random thoughts too goofy to share with people face to face. Blogs provide the opportunity to make your inner conscience an "outy".

Anyways, all that to say I think it's important for me to start taking advantage of the opportunities that maintaining a blog provides.

And so, yada yada yada, I'll check in again soon.

3 Comments:

Blogger Greg and Farrell Clark said...

We're checking more than every six months, if that means anything! :)

I agree - I always feel like what I'm posting about is totally irrelevant, and yet I know how much I enjoy reading other people's stuff! So post away, I say!

Say hi to Karlene and the kids for us!

8:49 PM  
Blogger Loren and April said...

I check your blog periodically just to make sure you aren't writing nasty things about your supervisor! :-)

8:17 PM  
Blogger Kevin Weeks said...

I must be the third person that checks your blog, and like the other two, I check it a little more often than every six months. I check in mostly to read words like "Seinfeldian," "expunge," "outy," and particularly, "groin."

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home