Wednesday, February 01, 2006

24 update

Well, it's starting to be that Monday's can't come fast enough. I'm turning into the anti-Garfield where I now find myself eagerly anticipating Monday's arrival (at least Monday evening's arrival).

I will say again that "24" is far and away the best show on TV. This past week's episode was another fast paced roller coaster that saw the weasel, Walt Cummings, brought down and a new twist in the terrorist plot unfold. Nothing like the threat of having your eyes cut out to make you sing like a canary.

I think that Jack is going to save President Logan's bacon and in exchange will somehow figure out a way to get his life back without having to go into hiding to avoid facing the Chinese government (if you remember back to last season). While my good friend Laura thinks I'm crazy to root for Jack and Audrey to finally be together, I'd still like to see that happen and think that either it will this season, or Audrey will somehow be killed.

I also think there's something fishy with Jack's other lady friend, Diane. I didn't like her character when she was on Spin City with Michael J. Fox and I'm not a big fan of her now. I still think there's more to this woman than we know right now. If Audrey is to be killed off in a later episode (and we all know that on this show, ANYTHING is possible), then I think it'll be Diane who does the deed. Maybe a little too close to the Nina story line from the first couple seasons but who knows?

In the next few weeks I think we'll see the reemergence of the Wayne Palmer character, President Palmer's brother, and eventually Tony Almeida needs to reappear. Pretty soon we'll also need to be introduced in a little more detail to the blond haired dude running the show. What's his deal?

Anyways, lots of story yet to unfold. The best hour of television looks to only be getting better.

Survivor 1076 kicks off on Thursday night. "Exile Island" looks really interesting to me. I hate to say this but I've yet to miss a Survivor as it's still the best of the reality shows (aside from Amazing Race- as long as they promise to never do another horrid "Family Edition"). I will be tuning in on Thursday night, and probably every Thursday night after that until the next "ultimate Survivor" is crowned.

1 Comments:

Blogger William Duane said...

Did you happen to notice that Diane used the name Jane Eponson when she was trying to distract that secretary for Jack? Jane Eponson is the name of a writer on Buffy the Vampire Slayer that David Fury a writer on 24 used to work with.

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home