Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Swung on and missed . . .

Well, amidst great hopes and aspirations of a first-round upset, the boys from Remax came up a little short in our first-ever playoff series against the Bugsy's Canadians. After taking 2 out of the first 3 games we only needed to win one more game to pull off the upset and advance to the league finals.

Game 4 took place last Friday night and we didn't amount to much in that game, losing by a score that I can't even remember at this point in time- I think it was 9-2 or something like that.

Game 5 went last night and your's truly was out of the lineup due to the arrival of a rather painful migraine that is still somewhat bothering me today. I heard on the radio this morning though that our boys lost 10-1 in the decisive game 5 to end our season.

I'm not sure that we can be disappointed about this. Sure we had them on the ropes and were unable to deliver the knock-out blow but the fact remains that we were never expected to be in this fight to begin with. I think we can take a lot out the fact that we put a real good scare into them. I know what you're thinking, spoken like a true loser. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic but I'm okay with that.

I'm proud of our team and the way we competed. I'm proud that we never gave up and showed that we are capable of competing at a high level. I'm proud of the fact that, in spite of losing the series, we were still the better team- you'd have had to have been at the games to know what I mean by that.

It was a fun season and while I'm sad to see it end (mainly because I know that means summer is also coming to an end), I'm looking forward to even more improvements next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home