Friday, August 05, 2005

Can you say 2-1 series lead?

That's right sports fans, the boys from Remax have now taken a 2-1 series lead in our opening round playoff series in the the Moose Jaw Men's Fastball League.

The past two games have been the best we've played all year and it has been a lot of fun to be a part of it. Our pitcher has been nails for the last two games, throwing a 3-hitter in game 2 and following that up with a 4-hitter last night.

I was somewhat happy with my own contribution last night as well. I was playing CF and hitting in the nine-spot so that was a surprise because I wasn't expecting to swing the bat last night. My first time up I hit a 2-2 fastball into the right-center field gap and legged it out for a triple. When I hit the ball I thought for sure it was gone so, like an idiot, I jogged slow and watched it for a bit but still got to third without a play. I scored a few batters later to give us a 2-1 lead. The Canadians tied it up an inning later but that was it for scoring for them. We went on to score 5 unanswered runs- highlighted by back-to-back bombs in the top of the 7th by our catcher and pitcher- and took the game 7-2.

Game 4 goes tonight at Memorial Field and we will be working hard for our first ever playoff victory. We are not taking anything for granted but rather just going out there, playing hard and having a lot of fun. Hopefully we can finish things off tonight.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading your blog and I figured you'd be interested in advancing your life a bit, call us at 1-206-339-5106. No tests, books or exams, easiest way to get a Bachelors, Masters, MBA, Doctorate or Ph.D in almost any field.

Totally confidential, open 24 hours a day.

Hope to hear from you soon!

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home