Thursday, January 04, 2007

You stay classy San Diego . . .

The Benallick family has returned from our Christmas getaway to sunny San Diego. After 6600 km's in the van, 5 states travelled through (Montana, Idaho, Utah, Arizona and California) and $200 in stolen American money (you'll have to ask my dear wife about that one) we have wrapped up our great California adventure with many great experiences shared.

Highlights:
- Disneyland on December 23rd was a lot of fun. Sure there was probably a quarter of a million people there that day but our kids had an absolute blast. The highlight of the day was the Christmas parade during the evening. We got great seats on the sidewalk right along the parade route so Carter and Jenna could see everything up close and personal. Jenna was in her little Princess dress and pretty much stood and waved to all the Disney characters as they walked by. It was by far the best parade I have ever seen and seeing the huge smiles on my kids faces was the highlight of the trip.
- touring Petco Park was another highlight. As much as my kids smiled like crazy people at Disneyland, their Dad was doing the same at my own version of Disneyland:). What a beautiful ballpark. If you want to know what my definition of heaven on earth is it's a major league ballpark. The tour guide was awesome. If you ever go and tour Petco make sure you ask if Don is doing the tours on that day. He showed us the visitor's clubhouse (which we were told hardly ever is allowed) so that was cool but stepping on to the field and sitting in the dugout was really the best part of the tour. Oh how I wish I had played baseball growing up. Oh well, maybe I'll get to live out that dream through my sons:). They can be the next version of the Giles brothers.

Anyways, there were lots of good times had but we're glad to be home in Saskatchewan (bet you never thought you'd hear someone say that in your lifetime).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home