Monday, July 17, 2006

A little more Cole . . .




I have a few more pics of our little man to show off. Thanks to our friend Tara for taking so many good ones yesterday while visiting.

Cole had to go under the lights today as he was getting a bit yellow. Nothing too serious but, given the concerns going into his birth they don't want to mess around so they've got him working on his tan early.

I finally got to hold the little man today. I probably shouldn't have but having gone some 36 hours without doing so I decided to exercise my parental rights and took him out of the incubator for a few short, but very sweet, minutes of bonding.

I want to be very intentional about soaking up as much of this time in Cole's life as I can. Knowing that Cole is probably the last baby we will have I'm determined to not let these early months fly by as quickly as it did with Carter and Jenna.

He's such a sweet little guy. He makes the softest little sounds and he's so very tiny. Every protective fatherly instinct is working overtime now.

I cannot say enough about the staff at the Moose Jaw Union Hospital. It's a small-city facility with big-hearted individuals working there. The nurses and doctors who have looked after Karlene and Cole have been nothing short of amazing. If you ask me these hard working people don't get anywhere near the credit and recognition they deserve.

Anyways, enjoy the pics of the little man and I'll keep updating as much as I can.

2 Comments:

Blogger Taylor Family said...

Hi Mike & Karlene: Greetings from Stoney Creek! Congratulations!! We heard of the arrival of Cole via Saskatchewan and California, good news gets around!! We are so happy for you and your family. May God bless all of you and keep you in His loving care.

The Vyse Guys!

2:36 PM  
Blogger Jacob said...

Look at your family...they're like real kids and growing up. Gotta see them soon!!

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home