Friday, August 20, 2004

The Inaugural Blog

Well here it is kids, my first blog. I have been meaning for quite some time now to start up with this but life seems to move at a faster pace then I can keep up with. I guess having two kids will do that to a guy.

I'm quite excited about having this creative outlet at my fingertips. This will mainly be a weekday practice for me as I am currently computerless at my home. That actually suits me fine because I can then focus my time on wrestling with young Mr. Carter or perhaps changing the dozens and dozens of diapers that 2 month old Jenna goes through on a daily basis.

I have sent invitations to a few people who I consider to be important in my life. I hope that you will accept my invitation to start up your own blog, or to at least check out this page from time to time as I plan to write often. With so many miles between us it is awesome to have something like this to allow us to stay in close communication.

What can you expect from Prairie Ponderings? Well, expect the unexpected really. You never know what I'm going to write about from one day to the next. If I don't know what I'm going to write about then I don't expect you will either. For those of you who know me you'll already know that the majority of entries will probably revolve around sports or some form of media- TV, movies, books (yes, I can and DO read), music, etc.. I'll throw in some funny stories about my family, perhaps some work-related stuff, and perhaps even dabble into some religion and politics (although politics is not something I tend to pay a whole lot of attention to).

I think you will find my blogs to be eerily similar to my brother Brian's- popsnbuzzes.blogspot.com- although with some destinct differences. One being that my taste in sports teams is far more refined then his. Other then that, we're cut from the same mold as far as having a warped sense of humor, an oddly similar taste in movies, tv shows and music (although I have to admit that I think the West Wing is painfully boring to watch- why don't they make a show about the life of the Prime Minister of Canada :)?). Anyways, if you like my blog, you'll probably like his and vice versa.

So, in closing (because this has taken on a speech feel so I should probably give a formal close) I would like to say that I look forward to sharing my random thoughts and my calculated thoughts with you as the days, weeks, months and years pass by.

Talk to you soon.

Mike

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

BOO-YAH!!!!!

Two Benallicks hard at work. Now all we need is Mark and Leigh and we can get into some quality disagreements.

Oh, "refined" taste in sports teams? GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!!!

11:50 AM  
Blogger Al said...

Welcome to the blogosphere Mike. I'll add you to my list of daily reads.

Al Baker

http://albaker.blogspot.com

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home